Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Goodness, it’s been a while. Not much has been going on, so there hasn't been much to blog about…Chase found out for sure that he gets to go to Florida and so does Meredith, so I’m super excited about that! My birthday is during our trip, so I’ll have 3 of my best friends with me all day on my birthday. I’m hoping we get to hang out on the beach that day. Which reminds me…I need a new bathing suit and a tan STAT! The bathing suit shouldn't be a problem, but I’m starting to consider taking some SPF 5,000 sunscreen and sticking with the pasty look this summer. I would love to go tanning and have a nice skin color all the time, but
1. I can’t afford it.
2. It fades my hair, no matter how much “color protection” junk I put on it.
AND 3. I found a little lump on my back and it has me a little nervous, so I don’t want to take any risks.

(REMINDER: call the doctor to get little lump checked out.)


I don’t mean to sound…whatever I’m going to sound like, but I can’t stand my skin color. Not as in the fact that I’m white, but the tone of my skin. It’s definitely pale, but it’s not pretty pale. My face is always more red than the rest of my body. A few weeks ago, I got to thinking, maybe I’ve been using the wrong color foundation/powder all of this time (even though I switched several times). NOPE. I’ve gone to work 2 days in a row now with no facial makeup on, just to see if it was actually my makeup. Still red-faced.

I’ve tried different face washes, thinking that maybe I’m using something too strong and it’s irritating my skin. Nope. I can use the most gentle face wash and it doesn’t change anything. I’ve tried using paler makeup, but then I just look like a ghost. It makes no sense!

The only thing I can really do to help is put bronzer from my neck down to the top of my shirts. It’s not that big of a deal unless I’m wearing a white colored shirt because then it always gets on the collar of the shirt.

So frustrating.

No comments: