Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm an addict.

My drugs of choice are calories and fat.

After my recent food diary post, I've been trying to be a little more health-conscious. I have been craving salad all week, so today for lunch I suggest to my mom that we go to Salad’s & Such. You may remember from one of my previous posts that this is the place that PILES cheese on the salad, but I was intending to skip the cheese this time. So I grab the menu, look it over a little, decide on the delicious Grilled Chicken Caesar salad. I could practically taste the lettuce and the yummy croutons…

Waiter: “Hi ma’am. What can I get you?”

Me: “I’ll take a baked potato with butter, sour cream, and cheese only.”

Waiter: “Would you like a side salad, or a cup of fruit?”

Me: “No thanks, that big mound of starch and lard will be it.”




Well, maybe I didn't say that last part.

No comments: