Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lights Out.

About 3:00am Thursday morning we lost power at the house...ugh. Chase and I were both wide awake when it happened too since the storm was so loud. It was really scary!! So, I was hoping that I would wake up Thursday morning and all would be well.

Wrong. Still no power.

Chase got off of work at noon, so when he called me, I was expecting him to say "Hey, its all back!"

Wrong. Still no power.

So before I left work, I called TXU to report the outage and get an estimated time of repair. To my delight I hear "blah blah blah...the outage has been repaired...blah blah blah." Woohoo!!

So I get home, walk in the front door, and BAM. No stinkin power. AGH! I call TXU and type in my account number and this time they tell me the estimated outage time cannot be confirmed.

Since Chase wasn't going to be home until late from the Rangers game, I was not going to stay at the house by myself in the dark, so I called my in laws and headed over to their house. Once Chase finally got over there, we headed back home. If the power was still out, we were going to pack some stuff up and head to his parents for the night.

We walk in to flip the switch. Nothing. Crap! So were gathering up all the stuff that we can see that we need and about 3 minutes later, voila! The power came back on!!!! So Chase and I did little happy dances for about 25 seconds and Chase walked out the front door. A mere 2 seconds later...

BOOM!!! (Insert pic of me having a heart attack because it sounded like Chase got shot with a cannon in our front yard.)

A transformer blows up .



Yep. No power again.

How's that for a happy ending?

No comments: