Monday, May 5, 2008

Cookie Monster

So I’ve got a “new” hobby. New as in I started it last night.

I tend to stress myself out very easily. So, now instead of planting my rear on the couch and indulging in a carton of Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate frozen yogurt when I feel like retreating to my bedroom for a week, I’m going to bake.

Last night was my first attempt at cookies. I’m not talking about buying a frozen log of dough that you slice and stick on a pan. I’m talking full out everything from scratch- roll the dough-cookie cutter type cookies. Icing made from scratch too!

One plus that I discovered last night: when I bake - I dont' want to eat the cookies! I was afraid that this new "hobby" would not be so nice to my, er...butt. Fortunately, when I'm standing in the kitchen for 3 hours, I get so sick of smelling cookies that the last thing I want to do is eat one. Woohoo!

I’ll try to post some pics this week of my trail run. They weren’t the prettiest cookies ever, but for my first attempt, I think they looked okay.

1 comment:

al said...

i meant horseflies.
and yeah stupid construction at the school!