Monday, July 14, 2008

Change of Heart

My friend Sarah & I have been teaching this song to the Kid’s Choir for the last 2 weeks. It’s a song I’ve known for a very long time, so it’s very easy for me to just sing it without paying attention to the lyrics. It’s been stuck in my head all day today for some reason.

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You
You are the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray
Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You.

I don’t know how many times I’ve prayed these words before, but my problem is actually allowing God to “mold me” and “change my heart.” Honestly, I’m very stubborn. I don't like change. I don’t like to be pulled out of my comfort zone, and which is often what is needed when I need a serious change of heart. I grow content in my hard-heartedness. I get used to my lack of spiritual growth and just settle for what I have, instead of longing for what I could have.

Unfortunately I don’t have a “But look how far I’ve come” story…yet. This was just something I’ve been thinking about today at work. But, God put this song on my heart for a reason and I’d be a fool (or as Ali and I like to say when we want to sound cool, a foo) to ignore it. Also, this gives me some accountability – which I know I need.

Just thought I’d share :)

Isaiah 64:8

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

2 comments:

ALLSON COOPAH said...

IM MENTIONED IN YOUR BLOG!!!!


you read big mama too???
hilarious.
i think we would be friends.

Rach said...

I am in the same boat. I get stuck right where I am at and alot of the times I am satisfied with my relationship with God and others...then the Lord wakes me up! and I realize that what He wants me to be is not satisfied but to be excited about continually growing and maturing in Him. Postings and thoughts shared like this help me to be encouraged:) Thanks for sharing!