Monday, November 17, 2008

November Project: Painting our cabinets

Two weeks ago we took apart our kitchen cabinets. I was going to post before, during, and after pictures, but it’s still in the “my kitchen looks awful, I can’t believe I’m actually living like this” phase and I'm a little embarrassed to show you. Everything that was in my cabinets and drawers is now on top and under our kitchen table. I can’t even cook, unless it's something that can be cooked in the microwave (which was sitting in our living room until this last weekend). I’ve eaten more fast food in the last 2 weeks than I care to share. BLECH!

We had this grand plan of getting it all done in one week, but that just didn’t happen. We’ve taken everything apart, cleaned the cabinets (which were unbelievably GROSS. Pretty sure they hadn’t been cleaned since the house was built…in 1970.) And then this whole last week, Chase was really sick, so he’s been out of commission. To top it off, our plumbing backed up (for the millionth time since we've lived in our house). Thankfully that's been fixed, Chase is feeling better, and tonight we should finish the sanding and hopefully go purchase the primer and paint.

The next big decision is picking out cabinet hardware. I think I’ve settled on doing brushed nickel handles on all the drawers and cabinets. I’m sure it will still take me an hour of debating in the aisle of the hardware store which ones I want. And maybe a couple of trips between Home Depot & Lowes just to make sure I pick out the ones I like the most. :)

I will be so happy when it’s all done!!


P.S. Only 1 more week until I find out if I'm getting a nephew or niece!

1 comment:

ALLISON COOPAH said...

i'm saying nephew.
annnnnnd i really was surprised when i read millionth time instead of umpteenth.
:)