Friday, January 16, 2009

We're having a baby!!

Yep, we're having a baby! I'm actually typing this before I will post it, just because we want to wait a little while before telling anyone, and we want to make sure our families know first. At the moment, Chase and I are the only ones that know, and it's kind of fun :)

I had been planning on taking a test on Thursday morning 1/15/09, but I was in such a hurry that I just forgot. I went straight to my parents house after work, and we ate dinner with the whole family. When we got home I thought, hey, why not just go ahead and take one. I really wasn't expecting anything. I didn't bother to tell Chase, only because the last time I took one and saw the negative result, I took it a little rough, so I didn't want to give him any warning :)

I always pictured surprising Chase with the news in some really creative way. Well, that plan didn't work. I honestly just walked into the living room, shaking uncontrollably, and handed him the stick. I don't know if I've ever seen him more confused. By this time, I may have started crying, so he just thought it was another negative result. He kept asking me "What?" and I finally got out the words "How many lines do you see?" That's when he finally realized why I was acting so strangely.

Honestly, I'm still in shock, and so is Chase. I saw the positive result. Okay, the 3 positive results (I had to be SURE so I sent Chase to the store to get a few digital tests), but I don't think it will actually feel real until I hear the heartbeat!


I'm so excited, but so nervous at the same time...it's a very strange feeling.


Oh, and a strange coincidence. I actually thought I had confirmation last week that I wasn't prego and was very upset the whole weekend, but knew that the next weekend would be great because I was going with Meredith to register for Ella. So it was already going to be a great week, with a great distraction. THEN, last night, I felt Ella kick for the first time!! So I really didn't think things could get better. Little did I know :)

2 comments:

dhunka said...

I am so excited for you and Chase. Being a mommy is so rewarding. Everytime I look at Isaac I cannot believe that he was inside of me for 9 months. And I love every minute of being his mommy. Don't let anyone fill your head with negative thoughts. Just remember that this is your time and your experience and don't let anyone take that from you. And I am so excited that our kids will be growing up together.

Celice said...

Congratulation Lauren! I'm so excited for you!! You're going to be a great mom!