Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day Problem

If you’ve known me for any time at all, you probably noticed my appreciation of food. Or maybe I should call it an infatuation. I love me some good food and can normally out-eat most anyone. (This is where I thank the Lord repeatedly for high metabolism!) For basically every special occasion, I usually tell Chase that he doesn’t need to get me anything as long as he takes me out to eat. No kidding.

I remember back when we were dating, I was really sick and he surprised me at my parents by coming over. I opened the door and he had a really pretty bouquet of peach roses for me. They were so pretty! Then he walked inside, pretended like he forgot something, walked back out and reentered the house with a bag of food from Chick-Fil-@! Those poor roses never got a second glance. He KNOWS that the way to my heart is through my stomach.

We’ve got a tough situation this Valentine’s Day because food just hasn’t been that appetizing to me. Since I haven’t felt that great lately, we opted out of going anywhere because I know I won’t feel like dealing with the crowds. So I’m still trying to figure out what to do. I want to make it special since it will be the last one without a baby, but I’m just not coming up with anything…although I may steal Dana’s fondue idea because I completely forgot that I’ve had a fondue pot for 3 years that I’ve never used and I have some almond bark too!

Well, I’m heading home to spend the evening with my hub. Maybe he’ll think of something.

Most recent stupid moment: Deciding that it was a good idea to order really spicy wings for dinner last night. Can we say MAJOR indigestion?? Good grief. And I don’t even LIKE spicy wings.

Highlight of my week: For the first time ever, I used a barf bag on an airplane. Pathetic.

1 comment:

dhunka said...

Okay I know it's valentines day and all but now that you are pregnant it is all about you. Milk it while you can. So I would suggest making/getting whatever you want. Chase I am sure will eat whatever you want or else he will have to hear you complain. Hope y'all have a good valentines!