Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jackson - 18 months

Jackson, you are 18 months old! How is that possible? We haven't been to your check-up yet, but I'm going to guess you're around 24 lbs. (EDIT: Well, I was close! You are 23.4 lbs, and 32 3/4 inches tall. Tall and skinny!) You are in size 4 diapers, and I'm really hoping to move to pull ups in the next few months when we start potty training. You have started to tell me when you need to go "poo-poo," but nothing happens when you sit on your potty. (Of course, about 2 seconds after you get up, it happens!) I'm putting your potty up for a while, and we'll just give it another go when I thing you're ready. No rush! You are so much fun, and I can't believe how smart you are. EVERYONE talks about how well you talk, and I totally agree with them. My nickname for you this last month has been "copycat" because you repeat everything we say, and you pronounce things so well. Your favorite words are probably "basketball," soccer ball," and "football." Ha! You can also count to 10 (although you like to skip 4 & 7). And you can recognize several letters of the alphabet, shapes, and colors. You are sleeping better than ever! Just within the last week, you have started going to bed at 9:00 and sleeping until about 8:00. We brush your teeth every night (you don't let me forget!) and then we get your sock monkey, you THROW him into your crib, and we say night-night! Sometimes you play around before you fall asleep, but usually within 20 minutes, you're out! You also take one 1 1/2 hour nap a day. It is wonderful! You are becoming quite the picky eater. I'm not sure how you know which foods are good for you, but you do, and you avoid them at all costs. I'm having to hide veggies in your mashed potatoes to get you to eat any at all. Your favorites are still yogurt, oatmeal, cheese, and bananas, but you have recently really loved to eat apples. And you're finally drinking juice. Your favorites are cran-grape and the punch flavor. You have recently shown in interest in watching TV and your favorite shows are Dora, Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, and Sesame Street. I've cut back on how much I keep the TV on because if it is on you are glued to the screen. You also love to watch basketball and baseball games with your daddy. It's pretty adorable. I can't believe you are growing so fast. It really feels like yesterday that I found out I was expecting. I can't wait to see what the next few months bring! I love you Jack! Watching Dora after you wake up, always smiling!

You and me on my birthday/your half birthday!
Just playing!

Our family of three!

No comments: