Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dinosaurs and Haircuts

Saturday morning, Meredith and I took Jackson and Ella, plus Mere's nephew, Ben, to the FW Zoo for "Dinosaurs and Donuts." They had a new dinosaur exhibit opening up, and anyone with a membership could get in 2 hours early and see it, along with getting free breakfast. The kids had a blast!


Ella And Jack eating donuts.



Ella checking out the bears.




Jackson was not so sure about the dinosaurs...He would just look at them and say "No. No. No..."




Ben feeding the birds.




Jackson LOVED looking at all the birds. I thought he would freak out, but he didn't!



Once we had seen about everything, we decided to ride the train back to the front of the park. Jackson is OBSESSED with trains right now, so he absolutely LOVED it. Since Saturday, he's been saying "Ride the Choo-choo Train!"


Later that afternoon, Chase and I took Jackson to get his first haircut. I was dreading this. Jackson had these adorable curls that just made him look like a baby to me. Unfortunately, the curls turned in to a frizzy, matted mess anytime we went anywhere. So I knew they had to go.



Here he is waiting for the haircut to start.




He was a little concerned when she got started, but once he realized he could "drive" the car, he had so much fun!


She gave him a little faux-hawk, but it wasn't very Jackson-like. As Ali put it, "He's just not mean enough to have a faux-hawk." I couldn't agree more!



The real "after." He's always sticking his chin out now. :)



Doesn't he look so OLD?! I just can't get over it. How did one haircut make my baby turn into a little boy?!



I used to laugh at women who told me they cried when their child had their first haircut. Well, I joined the club this weekend. It really made me realize how fast he is growing and how quickly time is flying. I'm excited to watch Jackson grow and learn, but I miss my little baby. I think he must have known I was having a rough weekend, because I was able to rock him while he was sleeping Saturday night, and he took a nap with me on Sunday afternoon. I know it won't be too much longer when he'll be too big to hold, so I'm just going to take advantage of every chance I get.

No comments: