Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Not a very eventful Mother's Day weekend this year. And I have no pictures, because I bought new batteries for my camera, then left them at my parent's house.


Chase was out of town Friday night, so it was just Jackson and me. Nothing special to note there, except for the FLYING COCKROACH that showed up in my house at 1 am. OH MY WORD. I HATE roaches. Typically, if Chase is home, I run to the other side of the house in tears if I see one. We occasionally get them because of the creek that runs behind our house, but I honestly haven't seen one in over a year. So it only makes sense that one would show up on the one night that Chase was out of town. Not going to bore you with all the details, but just picture me standing in the kitchen chair, armed with about 15 shoes. I think I only had to throw about 5 of them before I finally killed the thing. It was awful. I had to go sit on the couch afterwards and calm down, my heart was beating so fast, and I was literally shaking. I cannot handle stuff like that. It's very high on the list of reasons why I will never divorce Chase!


Saturday, Jackson and I went to my parent's for a while and ran to Sam's with my mom. Jackson fell asleep on the way there, so I carried him through Sam's, which turned out to be a BAD idea. My neck and shoulder were hurting so bad on Sunday, and they are still hurting today. It makes me so sad that he is getting too big to carry around. I just want him to stay little!


Sunday didn't get off to a great start. We all overslept, so we were extremely rushed to get to church. Of course, Jackson and I were late, but that's normal! And along with my neck and shoulder hurting, I had an awful headache. I seriously rarely get headaches, so of course I would get one on Mother's Day. I did win the "Youngest Mother" award in church, so that was fun. 2 years in a row now! I guess it helps that I really don't have much competition.


After church, we went to Hunan Wok with my family and my in-laws. It was nice not to have to cook and clean up!


By the time we got home my head was hurting so bad I was almost sick, so I crawled in bed and slept for about 2 hours. I still didn't feel much better, so I stayed home that night while Chase went to church and Jackson went to his grandparents to play. I am so thankful to have both sets of grandparents close by, and that they are so willing to help out with Jackson. I try so hard not to take advantage of them, but I also know that they would watch Jackson at any opportunity, so I don't mind asking them to watch him every now and then.


Chase and Jackson got me a Willow Tree figurine, and I later realized how ironic it was. When I opened it, my thoughts were, "I could just hold Jackson like this forever!" Yesterday I looked at it, and realized, I held him like this for an hour on Saturday and I'm still feeling it! Ha!

No comments: