Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daddy Day at the Zoo

Chase took a vacation day from work and wanted to go with Jackson and me to the zoo. Jackson and I go quite a bit since I have a season pass, and Jack is always talking about all the animals, so Chase wanted to be able to go and see the excitement that I always get to see. I know Chase hates missing out on things like that, but I'm so thankful he works so hard so that I am able to take Jackson to things like that. We may be broke 95% of the time, but it's so worth it for me.

(Also, you'll probably notice "yellow truck" making an appearance in most of the pictures. That toy...)

Every time we go, Jackson asks to look at the giraffes, the elephants, and baby jaguar. They have also had a dinosaur exhibit open, so he gets some crazy looks for people when he tells them he saw dinosaurs at the zoo.







Checking out the elephants with Daddy. Chase held Jackson for the majority of the time, so he could get a better view of all the animals. Such a sweet thing to do, and not easy because he is getting HEAVY these days.






I tried to get a cute pic on the alligator, but Jack was not a fan. It didn't help that it was SO hot outside, and almost lunchtime.




Our final stop was the indoor (air-conditioned!!!) museum. We tried to get Jack to pet this snake, but he was just not interested. He did like looking at all of them though, and we heard a lot of "Snake says Sssss..."



We went to Chili's afterward, and Jackson wanted to hold onto Chase practically the whole time. He is typically a momma's boy, but lately he has been having his moments where he wants no one but his daddy. It's so sweet! We finally got him in his highchair so that we could actually eat our food, but he was so tired, he ended up getting cranky fast, so we left as soon as we could.


It was so nice to get to spend the day with Chase though. He's been working a lot of overtime at work lately, and his weekends have been occupied with working on his car(s). We are currently down to one running vehicle, which is not a lot of fun for me, since that means I'm stuck at home all day. I'm trying to look on the bright side though, because I know this would be a worse situation of I was working. Plus, it gives me no excuse not to keep my house clean. Ha! Although, some days, I'm sure Chase gets home and thinks to himself "What in the world did she do all day?!"

I'm so glad that Chase loves to be involved with Jackson, and wants to spend time with him. I really hope that Jackson appreciates that when he gets older, and I hope he sees that example and demonstrates it in his own life. So many kids don't have a father, or even a father-figure, in their lives, and I think it's so important. He is so fortunate to have a good dad!

No comments: