Monday, June 20, 2011

Jackson - 21 months

Jackson, you continue to amaze me every month. The amount of things you learn and remember each month just blows my mind.


(being silly in Daddy's hat)

We haven't been to the doctor since April, so I don't know any of his stats, but he is now fully in 18 month clothes, size 5 diapers (no potty training going on -he's just not ready), and wears a size 5 or 6 shoe, depending on the brand. He has been sleeping at night from about 9:00pm - 7:00am, and taking a 2 hour nap during the day (sometimes even 3 hours!). I am soaking up every good nap, because he NEVER took good naps as a baby. EVER.)

Most days, Jackson is the easiest child. But lately, he has definitely been showing me his desire to do things the way he wants to and when he wants to. Two of his new favorite phrases are "I want ____," or "I need _____," and he is having to learn that just because he "wants" or "needs" something, doesn't mean he will get it. Apparently, it's a hard lesson to learn, because it has resulted in quite a few meltdowns. I think it's just a sign of what is to come. But, typically, he's just a content little boy!

He loves to sing songs now, although he does get a little shy if you ask him to do it. He loves to sings the ABC's and Deep and Wide. He can also tell you know what sound every letter in the alphabet makes. He will just walk around the house most days singing "B says buh" or "M says mmmm." So cute! He is talking in complete sentences quite a but now too, which is so funny. He is still a momma's boy, but he has definitely been getting more attached to daddy recently. He wakes up every morning asking "Where's Daddy?" or telling me "I want to see Daddy." So cute :)



He is still all about cars and truck, baseball and basketball, and letters and numbers. He was never attached to any kind of security object as a baby, but now he has this a little yellow matchbox car that rarely leaves his hand. Unfortunately it is so small, we tend to lose it around the house, so we've spent many evening lifting every couch cushion, checking every nook and cranny, and digging through the toy box, in search of "yellow truck."



(Got caught playing with toilet paper, laundry, and Daddy's belt while I was on the phone...see yellow truck??)


He is just so much fun, and I can't believe he is getting so big. It blows my mind that I'm about to plan his 2nd birthday party!

Jackson - I love you so much! You are such a joy to your daddy and me. I can't wait to watch you grow up!

No comments: