Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Jackson - 22 months

Oh, Jack Jack. You are one fun kid. Typically, you are very calm, and laid-back, but lately you've been showing a very goofy side of you. Crazy dancing with music, non-stop spinning in circles in the living room until you fall over because you're so dizzy...you make my days so much more fun (because, as you'll learn eventually, your mom is kind of boring).
You had a growth spurt this past month, so we're trying to finish out the summer with your clothes coming very close to being too small for you, haha. You weigh 25.4 lbs, but I'm not sure how tall you are, just that you seem taller everyday. You're getting into most 18-24 month clothes now, and a size 6 shoe. And you're still in size 5 diapers. No signs of potty-training readiness, so I'm not going to push it. Your hair is still so blond. I've been trimming it myself now, but it grows SO fast, and I'm always scared to cut too much off, so I think I'm going to have to take you to a pro pretty soon. We did have one little mishap with your last hair cut. You leaned into the scissors as I was trimming above your ear, and I cut way too much off. Thankfully it grew out pretty quickly!
We've had to get really creative with activities this month. We are down to one working vehicle which your daddy has to take to work, so we are stuck at home all day. And it's WAY too hot (one of the hottest summers in decades, I believe) to do much of anything outside. We've been playing picnic, water painting, and taking day-time baths as a way to use up time during the day. As well as probably watching too many cartoons.
If I judged my parenting skills based on how well you eat, I would be failing miserably. Getting you to eat a meal is one of the hardest parts of my day. (As I'm typing this, you have been up for 2 hours and not had a bite to eat or any milk. You just don't want anything.) I figure that one day this will end and you will eat everything in the house, but right now I'm just trying to not stress, because you are healthy and growing.
You still love your "yellow truck," but now you really only request it at bedtime. Which saves me hours in the day that I was spending searching for that car when you would misplace it. From now one, I'm trying to only let you get attached to really BIG toys, haha.
You're verbal and knowledge skills are still improving. You love to sing your ABC's everywhere we go, as well as point out any numbers you see. Although you have added whining and fit-throwing...I'm trying to break you of that, but I have a feeling you're just giving me glimpses of the future toddlerhood :)

You are just so much fun. I've probably said that in every monthly post, but it's true. Your daddy and I just can't get enough of you. I can't wait to see how much you continue to grow!

No comments: