Thursday, September 22, 2011

A haircut to remember...


So, the day after Jackson's birthday, I had quite a few errands to run. We needed to get a few last things for his birthday party, and I needed to take Jackson to get a haircut. He had his hair cut back in April, and I've been trimming it myself since then, but he really needed it to be shaped again and I didn't trust myself to do it. I debated taking him to the "kid-friendly" salon, just because they are so expensive (at least in my mind for what I should be paying them to spend 2 minutes cutting such a small amount of hair...but whatever). But Jackson's attitude and temperament has been so unpredictable lately, I figured it was safer to take him there where they are used to dealing with kids. Oh. My. Word. I could not have made a better choice.



He had a blast in the waiting room, playing with the trains and cars. (You can see how thick and long his hair was.)





Then we got called back and we went to sit in the Firetruck. He was a little hesitant at first, but then he sat down and relaxed.




And then they put the little cape on him. You would have thought someone bit him. I'm really not sure if he's had a bigger meltdown in public before. By the time she started on his hair with the clippers, tears and slobber were everywhere. He was screaming his head off. It took everything in me to just keep him as still as I could so that she could finish. We even gave him a sucker, thinking it would calm him down. But no. Now there were tears, slobber, and sticky sucker juice going everywhere. Thankfully, she was finished SO quickly, because I was SO ready to get out of there.

(I have no pictures of the process. My two arms were busy the entire time holding him still.)


He finally calmed down when we got into the car, but it took him about an hour or two before he was back to his happy self. I told Chase that I'm never taking him to get a haircut again by myself. I just can't handle that!



He does look pretty cute now, though :)


No comments: