Sunday, November 20, 2011

20 Weeks


How far along: 20 weeks

Gender: We will find out on Wednesday afternoon!!!!!!!!!


Size of baby: About the length of a banana! About 6 1/2 inches long, and weighs 10 1/2 ounces.


Maternity Clothes: Bought a pair of maternity jeans, but I'm still wearing my regular ones too (it's nice having twice the options!). Shirts are still fitting.


Weight Gain: I've probably gained about 4-6 pounds. I will find out for sure on Wednesday, although with Thanksgiving being this week, I'm sure it will go up!


Movement: Lots of movement all day long, and especially at night. Lately, the baby likes to curl up in a tight ball right when I want to go to sleep - it is not comfortable! :)


Sleep: Sleep has not been so great. I've had a cold for about 2 weeks, so I think that's probably why, but I'm also waking up every morning around 4 or 5, wide awake and STARVING. And I'm not talking about midnight snack. I wake up craving Grandy's chicken and mashed potatoes, a chicken pot pie, soup...it's just weird. Thankfully I can usually ignore it and go back to sleep, but it's getting a little annoying.

Symptoms: If it weren't for this terrible cold I've had, I'd say I still feel really good. I have been getting car sick a lot more often than normal, but that's easily fixed if I drive.


Cravings: Just the random weird late night ones. And I couldn't leave the grocery store last week without a container of mustard potato salad.


Best moment this week: I laid on the couch most of the week just feeling bad, so I got to feel the baby move around a LOT. I love having that reminder all day long that there is a little person swimming around inside me. :)

No comments: