Sunday, November 27, 2011

21 Weeks


How far along: 21 weeks

Gender: It's a BOY!! (no name yet)

Size of baby: About the length of a carrot! About 10 1/2 inches long, and weighs 12 ounces.


Maternity Clothes: Bought a pair of maternity jeans, but I'm still wearing my regular ones too (it's nice having twice the options!). Shirts are still fitting.


Weight Gain: I've gained 6 pounds. I was lucky that I had my weigh-in BEFORE Thanksgiving...not so sure the scale will be so nice at my next appointment. :)


Movement: Tons of movement, all throughout the day, especially at night and first thing in the morning. I found out at my appointment that I have a posterior placenta. It isn't a bad thing, it only means that since the placenta is at the back, I feel a lot more movement than I normally would. Which explains why I felt the baby so early!

Sleep: Sleep is getting better. I'm finally starting to get over my cold, so I've been getting a little more rest. I'm still waking up a couple times a night, but I'm usually able to go right back to sleep.

Symptoms: Just getting car sick more than normal, but that's about it.


Cravings: No big craving this past week. I was just really looking forward to eating all the Thanksgiving foods!


Best moment this week: Finding out that we're having another sweet BOY! I know a lot of people were "secretly" hoping we would have a girl, but I really didn't care either way. I'm a little relieved actually, because I feel like maybe I'll have a little idea of what I'm doing this time, ha!

No comments: