Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011








I'm going to be honest. I did not have high hopes for Halloween this year. Chase mentioned a while back that we should dress them up as Pebbles and Bam Bam, and we loved that idea! Meredith and I decided to make the kid's costumes, but every time I would bring it near Jackson he would FREAK OUT and start screaming, "Take it off!!!" When I was putting on the finishing touches, I had to bribe him with chocolate, just to make sure it fit him. So I figured we'd be trick-or-treating in his regular clothes. We went to visit Chase's parents first, and once we got there, I had to bribe him with more chocolate again to get him dressed. But after a while, he actually liked it!

I think he probably ran around for over an hour in it. We practiced ringing the doorbell and getting candy several times with Pop, YaYa, and Aunt Gail.









After that, we headed home to pick up Chase and then made our way to my parents' house. I waited until Ella got there to put his costume on him, so for a while, he just enjoyed sitting on the porch with Poppa and watching all the trick-or-treaters. Of course, it was cooler since it was getting dark, so we had to layer his costume over a black shirt and Ella's black leggings.




Once we got them fed and dressed, we took them to a few houses. They had SO much fun!! They held hands most of the way, and were not phased at all by the huge crowds of people. On the way back, Jackson decided to run most of the way, basically dragging poor Ella with him. They got so many compliments on their costumes. A couple older ladies even took pictures of them, haha. Meredith and I could not get over their adorableness!




I was so glad they had fun. Jackson fell asleep as soon as we left, but woke up in some kind of mood today. He's probably having sugar withdrawals.













Happy Halloween!!

No comments: