Thursday, November 17, 2011

Turkey Day Menu

I'm trying to get my grocery list ready for Thanksgiving (which I can't believe is only a week away). I've got it pretty easy this year. The only things I have to make are mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, rolls, and a dessert. (Plus a couple other things for the day after Thanksgiving, but I"m not sure what yet.)


I decided to search out some yummy new recipes this year, instead of just sticking to the old ones. Here's a couple that I'm planning so far.



Mashed potatoes: Pioneer Woman's Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes





source: thepioneerwoman.com


This recipe is actually really similar to my normal recipe, but I've never added cream cheese before. Plus, I always make mine the day of, because I'm afraid they'll dry out if I make them ahead of time. These have specific instructions for making them a day early and reheating them, so I think I'll be safe. I'm sure they'll be delicious!





Dessert: Snickerdoodle Cheesecake


I found this on Pinterest this morning. My sister suggested doing some kind of cheesecake, and since I don't have a springform pan, I figured bites would be the safest way to go. These look incredible! Hope they taste just as good.


source: tastykitchen.com (via pinterest)


Off to the grocery stores!

No comments: