Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What we've been up to...

This is going to be boring, but it's just what has been going on for the last couple weeks around here.


-Ali and I hosted a baby shower for Meredith, and it went great! We had such a good crowd, the food was super yummy, and Meredith got some great stuff for Maelie. It was a lot of fun catching up with family, too.


-I also got to attend the shower that the girls at Meredith's church hosted for her. It was really nice to be able to go and sit and enjoy it. :) Everyone was really sweet, too!

-Last week I got to have lunch with my mom and sisters at Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Mom's birthday! Ella and Jackson went too, and were so well behaved (thank goodness!). I'm not going to lie, I pigged out. Thank goodness it was not an appointment week! It was nice to go with just the girls (plus Jackson...poor kid needs a brother. :) )


-Chase took 2 days off of work this week so that we could get some things done around the house. I love having him home during the day, and so does Jackson.


-We had family pictures taken last week, and I got the sneak peeks today! I love, love, love them! Michelle is a FABULOUS photographer (seriously, you'll drool over her newborn sessions). Check out http://www.michellemonkphoto.com/ if you want to see what she can do! Or find her on Facebook. She's awesome, not to mention hilarious and super sweet!




-I waited and waited to order Jackson a coat that was online at Old Navy. I knew the sale was ending this Friday, but I had still been putting it off. And good thing! Today they offered an extra 25% off, so I got a $40 coat for $15! So excited!


-Maelie's crib bedding is almost complete! We've been working on it on and off for a little over a month, and I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all put together in her nursery. I think it's going to be adorable! This is the main fabric for the bedding.






-Terrible Twos. I now understand. Ay-yi-yi.



-Lastly, I've had a bad cold now for over 2 weeks. To be honest, I'm miserable. It cleared up for a little while (thankfully the weekend that I was hosting Meredith's shower) but came back with a vengeance. I really don't like taking medicine while I'm pregnant, but I've been taking whatever my doctor will let me this past week. I'm just desperate to breathe through my nose and to quit coughing. I'm praying that I get better by this Friday, because my father-in-law is watching Jackson for the day so that Chase and I can get a lot done around this house. I'd really like to be productive instead of just sit on the couch like I've mostly been doing this week.


So yeah, that's been about it. Super exciting, huh?

No comments: