Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

I didn't make huge plans for Easter this year. Since I was actually due ON Easter Sunday, I didn't know if I would be in the hospital, and if I wasn't, I figured I would still be too tired to do too much. Saturday evening, we went to my parents' house to cookout, and had a little egg hunt for Jackson and Ella. They had a blast! Ella was a pro, but we had to teach Jackson not to stop and try  to open every egg as he went.  They ended up each taking one side of the yard, collecting all the eggs and them dumping them all out of their baskets so they could start all over. I think they hunted eggs about 3 or 4 times before we called it quits and went back inside, haha.

(I left my camera at home, so these are the best I could get with my phone.






On Sunday, we woke up and went to church, then went over to Brittany and DJ's house to cookout and celebrate with Chase's family. It was POURING for a while, so the Jackson and Makenna didn't get to hunt eggs. Luckily we had bubbles to keep them entertained once the rain calmed down.
We went home after that and I stayed home to rest that evening while Chase and Jackson went back to church. I had strict instructions from Chase to "sit down and REST" so I happily obliged! I knew I wouldn't be getting much rest in the week to come.


Pictures of Jack before church - so glad the rain held off so I could get a few pictures!


His typical "smile" - eyes closed



Opening his Easter goodies from Pop and YaYa


Had to tickle him to get a smile out of him

Our last "family of 3" picture

Smashing the bubbles

Mowing the concrete?




No comments: