Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cooper - 6 Months

Cooper - You are 6 months old! I can't believe we are halfway to your first birthday. I hope the next 6 months go by a little slower, because I just want to keep enjoying your baby-ness for as long as I can.

You did great at your check-up. You were 14.1 lbs (4%) and 25 3/4 in (48%), I think. We had to measure you twice because you wouldn't stay still, and I cant read the nurses handwriting. You are a skinny boy, but so strong. The doctor ordered some extra bloodwork (watching you get your blood drawn was pure torture!), just to make sure you were growing healthy, but he really wasn't concerned because he said you had such great muscle tone. Your Grammy said I was built the same way, so you may just take after my family in stature.

We're going to start you on some veggies this week. Hopefully you like them, because I can tell that you are hungry. You get so mad when we are eating dinner and you can't have some of our food. I think you'll get tired of baby food and move to table food pretty quickly. You are still nursing, but getting less interested, so that worries me a little bit. You still don't have any teeth, but I figure you will in a month or so.

Oh, Cooper. If only you understood how great it is to sleep! I try to enjoy the middle of the night feedings, because I know that one day I will miss snuggling and rocking you while the house is quiet, but your Momma is tired! The doctor said because you're small, you probably just aren't quite big enough to sustain yourself all night, so maybe once we get you eating some veggies, you'll put on some weight and sleep a little longer. You're sleeping in about 3-4 hour stretches, with an occasional 5 hour stretch. (EDIT: the night of his 6 month bday he slept 8 1/2 hours straight!!) You take 2-3 naps a day, usually between 1 1/2 - 2 hours each. You are not a hard sleeper, and do not like to nap when we're out running errands. You want your bed, and you want your room to be dark, cool, and quiet. Pretty much the polar-opposite of how your brother was. It's so crazy to me how different you two have been as babies.

Your biggest accomplishment this month - you are CRAWLING!!! Its just crazy. I'll right a separate post for that, but you are going everywhere. You are so busy, you still can't sit up on your own. You'll also be pulling up very soon. You try so hard, you don't quite have the balance yet. You are a happy boy, and you love your brother. Your favorite thing is to crawl on top of him if he's on the ground playing with you. You are a momma's boy, but you smile so big every time you see your daddy. One of my favorite times each day is when we go in to wake your daddy up. You may have been fussy all morning, but the second you see him you start smiling and talking like crazy! It's so sweet! You are so incredibly busy, you don't like to cuddle much, so I soak up all the sweet smiles and coos I can get.

You are so sweet natured, and just a precious baby. It's hard to believe you're already 6 months old because you still seem like such a little baby to me. You are a ball of energy, and you provide so much fun and laughter to our family. Love you, Wiggle-Worm.

No comments: